Sunday, July 8, 2007

Wrap It Up 2007

If I may summarize:
  • I heard there were 800 people there, but I dont think there were more than 200-300 (max) in the audience listening to the music. Why?!
  • The first day was better than the second. On the second it was like if everyone was having a hangover and no one did anything "extra". My Darling YOU! excepted. This might be because I had very high expectations on the bands.
  • Television Personalities' singer Dan Treacy should probably take it easy on the alcohol in the future. Maybe this was how they wanted their gig to be, but... I don't think they managed to finish a single song. He was pretty close on Part-time punks where he got 80% of the lyrics right, on the fourth(?) try. People in the audience weren't pleased about this. This morning when I was leaving the area I saw Dan walking (oh well) around, still drunk. His mates wanted him to jump in the car so they could leave, when he dropped the immortal "There's always time for a beer". Pure class?
  • Great DJ-sets from Air France and Jens Lekman. Even though they were quite short.
  • I'm not sure I like the whole festival-concept (not being able to shower/sleep like home, rain, mud, lots of people everywhere - I'm not a peoples person..).
  • Very nice arrangement. Short breaks between the bands and they played in time.
  • A big thank you(!) to my festival guide on the friday who helped me out with the basics (this was my first more-than-one-day festival) and was great company.
  • Why did everything stop at 2? Everything official that is..
  • I picked up a hitchhiker and I'm still alive. He was standing in the rain in a pink t-shirt and a pair of pink shorts (he had been standing there for one hour and twenty minutes!) wanted a lift to Säffle. He wasn't sober. After explaining to him he was on the wrong side of the road (Säffle was south, he was trying the get a ride north) he introduced himself as den rosa mannen ("the pink man"). After doing some googling it appears he has been dressed in pink clothes since 2001. I repeat: I'm still alive. He was a nice guy though.
On a side-note, I can't find any Rip It Up-coverage in the big news papers over here. Weird.

4 comments:

bh said...

I salute your wise and generous decision to pick up a hitchhiker!

Anonymous said...

den rosa mannen ("the pink man"). is a legend and is all over youtube....

Anonymous said...

Recension:

http://www.vf.se/vf/docs/visa.asp?nyhetsID=bbe532a18b6b792008404d78fceb2800

Anonymous said...

www.musikenligtjerry.se